Important Civilization VI Leader Pass Update --> Leader Pass Update - Civilization VI Mac and iOS
We're receiving reports of this issue after the 1.4.1 update and are continuing to monitor launch-related issues as our team investigates. If you are receiving an error similar to the screenshot below, please send us your System Profile in a "Report a Bug" ticket so we can take a look. Thank you for your patience.
If you're currently getting stuck on the "Loading, Please Wait..." screen, click on our "Loading Stuck" article here and follow for updates!
A fix is now available in the latest update, please download the update and let us know if you continue to have any issues!
We have identified a fix for this issue and we’ll be releasing a patch as soon as we can. Please follow the article to be notified when this update is released!
For players who are still encountering this issue after reinstalling, please follow the steps below:
- Reinstall the Civilization VI.
- Select "Play" from the Steam library.
- After the "Verifying" prompt appears and completes, close the damaged error prompt.
- Then, open the Mac System Settings.
- Select "Privacy and Security".
- Select "Security Settings"
- In the Security Settings, you should see a prompt saying "Civilization VI was block..." Click the "Open Anyway" button under this text.
- Enter your system password if prompted.
- Then select "Open" on the security prompt.
- Your game should now launch
We apologize for any frustration this issue is causing. We're continuing to investigate the problem and appreciate your patience.
If your game won't start or is crashing before the main menu after updating Civilization VI to version 1.4.0, please try verifying your game files or reinstalling Civilization VI.
To verify your files on Steam, open your Steam Library and follow these steps:
- Right click on Sid Meier's Civilization VI
- Select "Properties..."
- In the pop up window, select "Local Files"
- Select "Verify integrity of game files..."
Let that process finish, then retry launching your game.
If verifying does not help, here are the steps to reinstall:
- In your Steam Library, right click on Sid Meier's Civilization VI
- Hover your cursor over "Manage"
- Select "Uninstall"
After your game has uninstalled, the "Play" button in your Steam library should be replaced with an "Install" button. Select that to install your game, then retry launching.
If the issue continues after both verifying your game files and reinstalling, please submit a bug report to us here.