"Civilization V is damaged" error message
IF YOU ARE ON OSX 10.9 or newer, DO NOT DELETE THE GAME FROM YOUR LAUNCH PAD.
This WILL delete all of your save game files which CANNOT be recovered unless you have previously backed the game up on Time Machine. The error randomly occurs due to a .plist file corruption on some updates.
See the following instructions below on how to repair:
In order to resolve the “Civilization V is damaged” error please complete the following steps:
- Access “User/Library/Containers/com.aspyr.civ5campaign/Data/Library/Application Support/Civilization V Campaign Edition”
- OSX 10.7 and newer now hide this directory, so please press cmd+shift+G to bring up a search window in Finder and type in '~/library' to access this directory.
- Delete the folder named “com.aspyr.civ5campaign” from “User/Library/Containers”
- Relaunch the game and exit once you are at the main menu
- Replace your saves folder to its original directory to resume your game progress
If you continue to run into the issue once you've completed these steps, please open a support ticket with us.