Black Ops Mac includes all of the original single player and multiplayer content PLUS the Call of Duty: Black Ops First Strike Content Pack, which adds 5 diverse maps including 4 multiplayer maps and a new Zombie experience!
Q: Are there any features that were included in the PC version of Black Ops that will not be included in Black Ops Mac?
A: Yes, because Black Ops Mac supports Mac-to-Mac multiplayer only there were some changes made to accommodate the different distribution outlets and their varied features (Mac App and Steam) which specifically affected how multiplayer match-making and friends work. The following features from the PC are not included in the Mac version of Black Ops
- Friends – Players cannot invite or join via request to a multiplayer server.
- Private Matches – Only public multiplayer servers are available.
- Theater Mode – Players will not be able to create multiplayer movie files.
Q: Can the Mac App version play Multiplayer with the Steam version?
A: Yes! Both the Mac App and Steam version can play multiplayer together, taking advantage of the full Mac community.
Q: Are there any difference in the Mac App Store and the Steam builds that will be distributed?
A: Yes, the Steam build of Black Ops will support the following languages:
The Mac App Store build will support English only.
Q: Will Mac players be able to play PC players in multiplayer?
A: No. Black Ops Mac supports Mac-to-Mac Multiplayer only.
Q: What are the Minimum System Requirements for Black Ops for the Mac?
Minimum System Requirements:
2.4 GHz CPU Speed | 4 GB RAM | 15 GB free disk space | (ATI): Radeon HD 3870; (NVidia): GeForce 650M | 512 MB VRam
We do NOT recommend that you play Call of Duty: Black Ops on any of the following unsupported graphic chipsets:
HD3000 (2011 Mac Mini, 2011 MacBook Air, 2011 13” MacBook Pro)
HD4000 (2012 13” MacBook Pro)
ATI Radeon HD 2000 series, HD 4670, HD6630M
NVIDIA 8000 & 9000 series, GT100 series, 320M, 330M
Intel Integrated GMA950, x3100
Q: Does Call of Duty: Black Ops for the Mac support any Gamepads?
A: Call of Duty: Black Ops for the Mac supports the wired Microsoft Xbox 360 and PS3 gamepads.
Q: What else should I know about Call of Duty: Black Ops for the Mac?
A: Good question! A few things to note:
- We have created default settings for the most optimal experience. These are “smart” settings (respond to your machine) and we make them for a reason! If you jack up your settings you will likely see a deterioration in the gameplay experience.
Mac App Players:
- An Internet connection is required for Multiplayer and Zombies.