With the latest 1.19 update now available on Steam and MAS, OSX 10.7.5 is no longer supported. You will need to upgrade from OSX 10.7.5 in order for the game to launch and perform properly.
Apple is offering OSX 10.10 (Yosemite) as a free upgrade. Please use the link below to upgrade your operating system.
Q: What does the customer get when they purchase Call of Duty®: Black Ops for the Mac?
A: Black Ops Mac includes all of the original single player and multiplayer content PLUS the Call of Duty: Black Ops First Strike Content Pack, which adds 5 diverse maps including 4 multiplayer maps and a new Zombie experience!
Q: Are there any features that were included in the PC version of Black Ops that will not be included in Black Ops Mac?
A: Yes, because Black Ops Mac supports Mac-to-Mac multiplayer only there were some changes made to accommodate the different distribution outlets and their varied features (Mac App and Steam) which specifically affected how multiplayer match-making and friends work. The following features from the PC are not included in the Mac version of Black Ops
- Friends – Players cannot invite or join via request to a multiplayer server.
- Private Matches – Only public multiplayer servers are available.
- Theater Mode – Players will not be able to create multiplayer movie files.
Q: Can the Mac App version play Multiplayer with the Steam version?
A: Yes! Both the Mac App and Steam version can play multiplayer together, taking advantage of the full Mac community. To meet other Call of Duty: Black Ops Mac players and fans join the Black Ops Mac Facebook group at facebook.com/groups/BlackOpsMac
Q: Are there any difference in the Mac App Store and the Steam builds that will be distributed?
A: Yes, the Steam build of Black Ops will support the following languages:
The Mac App Store build will support English only.
The Mac App Store version will support Game Center for achievements for customers using Mac OS X 10.8 and newer.
Q: Will Mac players be able to play PC players in multiplayer?
A: No. Black Ops Mac supports Mac-to-Mac Multiplayer only.
Q: What are the Minimum System Requirements for Black Ops for the Mac?
Minimum System Requirements:
2.4 GHz CPU Speed | 4 GB RAM | 15 GB free disk space | (ATI): Radeon HD 3870; (NVidia): GeForce 650M | 512 MB VRam
We do NOT recommend that you play Call of Duty: Black Ops on any of the following unsupported graphic chipsets:
HD3000 (2011 Mac Mini, 2011 MacBook Air, 2011 13” MacBook Pro)
HD4000 (2012 13” MacBook Pro)
ATI Radeon HD 2000 series, HD 4670, HD6630M
NVIDIA 8000 & 9000 series, GT100 series, 320M, 330M
Intel Integrated GMA950, x3100
For more information about your particular system, please visit http://www.gameagent.com/games/call-of-duty-black-ops and utilize the Mac Match feature to see if your machine will support Call of Duty : Black Ops for the Mac!
If you have any further questions please log a support ticket and one of our agents will assist you!
Q: Does Call of Duty: Black Ops for the Mac support any Gamepads?
A: Call of Duty: Black Ops for the Mac supports the wired Microsoft Xbox 360 and PS3 gamepads.
Q: What else should I know about Call of Duty: Black Ops for the Mac?
A: Good question! A few things to note:
- We have created default settings for the most optimal experience. These are “smart” settings (respond to your machine) and we make them for a reason! If you jack up your settings you will likely see a deterioration in the gameplay experience.
Mac App Players:
- People who purchase Black Ops for the Mac and upgrade from 10.7 to 10.8 will re-start their achievement tracking
- People who change their Game Center nickname will lose progress as their achievements are tied to their nickname. They can get it back by changing back to their original nickname.
- An Internet connection is required for Multiplayer and Zombies.