Click the follow button to the right to stay updated on the latest updates to Civilization VI Mac
NOTICE: It is possible for Mac, Linux, and Windows to become out of sync during updates or patches. Within this time period, Mac users will only be able to play multiplayer with other Mac users.
Civilization VI Mac can not switch to Fullscreen
To bypass this, launch the game in OpenGL. This is a known issue that is occurring when using Metal. Follow the steps below:
- Click Play on Civilization VI in your Steam Library
- At the Aspyr Launcher, select Options > Game Settings
- Switch the Graphics option to OpenGL
- The game will now launch in Fullscreen
If you have any other questions, please open a ticket via: https://support.aspyr.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
Civilization VI is crashing during Play by Cloud games.
If you are experiencing crash during Play by Cloud games, make sure everyone in your game is NOT using a Webhook URL and make sure that this setting is blank in the Game Options section of the Main Menu. We will be addressing this issue in an upcoming patch.
Please use Steam notifications for the time being.
Mac App Users
If you are playing the Mac App Store version, you will not be able to receive turn on notifications at this time.
My Game is Running Slow
Make sure that your video/graphics settings are set to default.
When you are experiencing slow performance, you can take a full-window screenshot (command+Shift+3) or cycle between windows (command+Tab) to workaround this issue.
Downloadable Content or In-App Purchases aren’t showing up in the game
Mac App Store
- Log out of your Mac App Store app account and restart your Mac.
- Relaunch Civilization VI and your downloadable content should then display properly within the game.
- Right click Civilization VI from the Steam Library menu and select Properties.
- Under the Local Files tab, select Verify Integrity of Game Cache.
- Once that completes, relaunch Civilization VI and your downloadable content should then display properly within the game.
Unable to join a LAN game between a Mac App Store and Steam Mac player
Steam Mac and Mac App Store players cannot connect via LAN at this time.
Text is appearing scrambled or otherwise unreadable
This issue can be resolved by disabling the Steam Overlay.
To Disable the Steam Overlay
Open the Steam client and navigate to the Steam > Settings/Preferences > In-game tab. Uncheck the box next to Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game.
The audio is only present in Chinese, regardless of the language settings
This is a result of running the game on a case-sensitive formatted hard drive. We recommend partitioning your hard drive and reformatting that partition to the OSX standard Journaled HFS+ or APFS using your Disk Utility app and installing the game there.
If you have any additional questions or issues, please open a support ticket with us.