Click the follow button to the right to stay updated on the latest updates to Civilization VI Mac
Civilization VI is Crashing when I Press Play
This has been found to be an issue with the Admin user accounts on Mac. You will need to create a non-Admin user in order to launch the game.
To create a new account, follow the steps below:
- Open System Preferences
- Select Users & Groups
- Click the lock at the bottom of the window and enter your Admin password
- Make sure the new user is Standard then fill out the new user info and click create
- Then click the Apple icon in the top tool bar and Log out of the admin account.
- Log into the new Standard user and Launch Civilization VI.
This is a temporary workaround for the crashes. We are continuing to investigate and fully resolve this issue.
Downloadable Content or In-App Purchases aren’t showing up in the game
Mac App Store
- Log out of your Mac App Store app account and restart your Mac.
- Relaunch Civilization VI and your downloadable content should then display properly within the game.
- Right click Civilization VI from the Steam Library menu and select Properties.
- Under the Local Files tab, select Verify Integrity of Game Cache.
- Once that completes, relaunch Civilization VI and your downloadable content should then display properly within the game.
My Game is Running Slow
Make sure that your video/graphics settings are set to default.
Unable to join a LAN game between a Mac App Store and Steam Mac player
Steam Mac and Mac App Store players cannot connect via LAN at this time.
Text is appearing scrambled or otherwise unreadable
This issue can be resolved by disabling the Steam Overlay.
To Disable the Steam Overlay
Open the Steam client and navigate to the Steam > Settings/Preferences > In-game tab. Uncheck the box next to Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game.
The audio is only present in Chinese, regardless of the language settings
This is a result of running the game on a case-sensitive formatted hard drive. We recommend partitioning your hard drive and reformatting that partition to the OSX standard Journaled HFS+ or APFS using your Disk Utility app and installing the game there.
If you have any additional questions or issues, please open a support ticket with us: https://support.aspyr.com/hc/en-us/requests/new