If you're seeing this warning, you are likely running an Aspyr game that is a 32-bit app on macOS 10.13.4 (High Sierra).
At the 2017 Worldwide Developers Conference, Apple announced that High Sierra would be “the final macOS release to support 32-bit apps without compromises.” Read the full support KB article from Apple here.
We are currently working on updating our most popular 32-bit apps to 64-bit to ensure future playability. The roadmap for releases and updates is currently unknown. This transition does present unique development challenges, and it’s not yet known if every Aspyr game will be upgraded.
To ensure playability of your favorite 32-bit apps we recommend waiting to upgrade to a new macOS beyond High Sierra until we are able to verify 32-bit functionality.
This affects the following Mac games from Aspyr Media:
- BioShock Infinite
- Borderlands 2
- Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel!
- Call of Duty
- Call of Duty 2
- Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
- Call of Duty: Black Ops
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
- Civilization IV
- Civilization IV: Colonization
- Civilization V
- Command & Conquer™: Generals Deluxe Edition
- Company of Heroes Complete: Campaign Edition
- Doom 3
- Duke Nukem Forever
- Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered
- Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions (No longer available for sale)
- Homeworld Remastered Collection
- Quake 4
- RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 Platinum
- SimCity 4: Deluxe Edition
- SimCity: Complete Edition
- Star Wars: Empire at War
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
- Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
- Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
- The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition
- The Sims 2: Castaway Stories
- The Sims 2: Life Stories
- The Sims 2: Pet Stories
- The Sims 2: Super Collection
- Tomb Raider II
Please feel free to contact us if you have further questions or concerns and we will update this thread as we have news or updates.
Thanks for your continued support and patience.