At this time, we can confirm that there are no further updates planned for Borderlands 2 on Linux and Mac. We will continue to provide customer service support to players via support.aspyr.com.
Borderlands 2 Co-op is not working! (Incompatible Version Error)
The latest update on the Windows version of Borderlands 2 has disabled cross-play between Windows, Mac, and Linux. Currently, Mac and Linux players are unable to connect with Windows players.
We encourage players to join our #Borderlands Discord Channel to coordinate co-op matches with other Mac players.
(Steam only) Borderlands 2 is Crashing at the Main Menu
- Click the EXTRAS option
2. Click SHIFT CODE
3. Click ACCEPT from the pop up screen OR press the 'Enter' key.
**If the connection is timing out too quickly**
- Restart your Mac
- Right click Borderlands from the Steam Library menu and select Properties. Under the Local Files tab, select Verify Integrity of Game Cache. Once that completes, relaunch the game.
- Change your character on the main menu
- Repeat steps 1-3
A ‘Not Optimized’ alert is displaying when I launch Borderlands 2
The above message is delivered by the Mac Operating System on all 32-bit Games and Apps. Apple is ending support for 32-bit apps in future operating systems (10.15 and above) and this warning is meant to inform users about the upcoming changes in macOS 10.15.
The current operating system, OS 10.14 Mojave, is not affected by these changes. All 32-bit games should continue to function as normal. If you are experiencing issues with your game outside of this notification, please reach out to our Support Team, so we can investigate.
Downloadable Content or In-App Purchases aren’t showing up within the game
If you’re unsure where you can access new areas, the Borderlands Wiki is a great resource that can lead you to your destination(s).
If downloadable content isn’t showing up within the game, follow the steps below:
Mac App Store
- Log out of your Mac App Store app account and restart your Mac.
- Relaunch Borderlands 2 and your downloadable content should then display properly within the game.
- Right click Borderlands 2 from the Steam Library menu and select Properties.
- Under the Local Files tab, select Verify Integrity of Game Cache.
- Once that completes, relaunch Borderlands 2 and your downloadable content should then display properly within the game.
English is the only available in-game language. (Mac App Store Only)
Unfortunately, this is a bug with newer versions of macOS (10.12 or newer). If you run into this bug, please open a ticket with your proof of purchase, and we’ll provide you with a replacement key for the Steam version of Borderlands 2.
If you have any additional questions or issues, please don’t hesitate to open a support ticket with us: https://support.aspyr.com/hc/en-us/requests/new