At this time, we can confirm that there are no further updates planned for Borderlands 2 on Linux and Mac. We will continue to provide customer service support to players via support.aspyr.com.
Borderlands 2 Co-op is not working! (Incompatible Version Error)
The latest update on the Windows version of Borderlands 2 has disabled cross-play between Windows, Mac, and Linux. Currently, Mac and Linux players are unable to connect with Windows players.
We encourage players to join our #Borderlands Discord Channel to coordinate co-op matches with other Mac players.
(Steam only) Borderlands 2 is Crashing at the Main Menu
- Click the EXTRAS option
2. Click SHIFT CODE
3. Click ACCEPT from the pop-up screen OR press the 'Enter' key.
**If the connection times out too quickly**
- Restart your computer
- Right-click Borderlands from the Steam Library menu and select Properties. Under the Local Files tab, select Verify Integrity of Game Cache. Once that completes, relaunch the game.
- Change your character on the main menu
- Repeat steps 1-3
Downloadable Content or In-App Purchases aren’t showing up within the game
If you’re unsure where you can access new areas, the Borderlands Wiki is a great resource that can lead you to your destination(s).
If downloadable content isn’t showing up within the game, follow the steps below:
Mac App Store
- Log out of your Mac App Store app account and restart your Mac.
- Relaunch Borderlands 2 and your downloadable content should then display properly within the game.
- Right-click Borderlands 2 from the Steam Library menu and select Properties.
- Under the Local Files tab, select Verify Integrity of Game Cache.
- Once that completes, relaunch Borderlands 2 and your downloadable content should then display properly within the game.
English is the only available in-game language. (Mac App Store Only)
Unfortunately, this is a bug with newer versions of macOS (10.12 or newer). If you run into this bug, please open a ticket with your proof of purchase, and we’ll provide you with a replacement key for the Steam version of Borderlands 2.
If you have any additional questions or issues, please don’t hesitate to open a support ticket with us: https://support.aspyr.com/hc/en-us/requests/new