Before you build a civilization to stand the test of time, be sure to check these FAQs for important details on all things Civilization VI iPhone. If you’ve got questions, we’ve got answers.
Purchasing | Requirements | Gameplay
Q: What content is included with Civilization VI on iPhone?
Q: How much is Civilization VI iPhone?
A: The in-app purchase price of Civilization VI iPhone is $59.99, but the full unlock is on sale for 60 percent off until October 16! Prices and availability may vary by territory. Sale only available on the App Store.
Q: I already have Civilization VI desktop. Can I get the mobile version for free?
A: Since they’re separate platforms, the iOS version needs to be purchased individually.
Q: I already have Civilization VI on my iPad. Can I get the iPhone version for free?
A: If you’ve already purchased the full game on your iPad, you can unlock the full version on your iPhone right now! Just select Restore Purchases from the main menu of the app.
Q: Which iOS devices does this work on?
A: Civilization VI iOS requires iOS version 11.4.1 or newer running on:
- Phone 7
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone X
- iPad (2017)
- iPad Air 2
- iPad Pro
- 12" (1st and 2nd Gen)
* Official support for the new XS, XS Max, and XR coming soon!
Q: How do touch controls differ from playing on a PC?
A: The touch controls are very intuitive, and we even added a “New to Mobile” Advisor that walks you through various touch controls. To access this Advisor, go to the Options menu and toggle the Advisor to “New to Mobile.” Here are some examples:
- Tapping units selects them. Dragging a unit to a tile will move and attack.
- Press and hold to view tooltips.
- Pinch to zoom the map.
- Single-finger scrolling works on lists and moving the map.
- Three-finger tapping can be used to open and close menus.
Q: What UI updates are specific for the iPhone?
- The unit actions panel has been modified to accommodate the small screen size.
- The turn button has been reduced to only display the main icon.
- Buttons in all four corners of the screen are now collapsable to allow more screen space.
- Build options for builder units are now displayed horizontally along the top of the unit panel.
- Notifications can now be viewed in full screen when selecting the notification button.
- The Game Options and Civilopedia buttons have been moved to the left of the turn counter.
- In-game Map Options have been moved to the Interface tab of the Game Options menu.
- iPhone X exclusive orientation
Q: Is cloud saving enabled to sync progress between my iOS devices?
A: Not at this time. However, saves can be moved manually using the steps below:
- Connect your iPhone/iPad to a computer with iTunes.
- In iTunes, select the iPhone/iPad.
- Select File Sharing, then Civilization VI.
- Drag the Sid Meier's Civilization VI folder to the desktop.
- Saves are stored in the Saves\Single folder.
- Drag the Saves folder back into the Sid Meier's Civilization VI folder in iTunes.
- Confirm the overwrite.
- Sync to return the files to the iPhone/iPad.
Q: Is Civilization VI coming to Android?
A: We are continuing to evaluate opportunities to bring Civilization VI to other platforms. Look out for it on November 16th for Nintendo Switch!
Q: How long does the battery last?
A: In our tests, up to three hours of gameplay on a full charge. This could vary based on device model and play style.
Q: Are controllers supported?
Q: What languages are supported at release?
A: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Russian, Traditional Chinese, and Simplified Chinese. Brazilian-Portuguese features text-only support.
Change your OS language to your preferred language and relaunch the game.
Q: Does Civilization VI iPhone have multiplayer?
A: Yes. It is important to note that as of this point, multiplayer is LAN only with other iOS devices.
Q: Is there Downloadable Content available for Civilization VI iPhone?
A: Yes. The following in app purchases are available:
- Vikings Pack
- Persia and Macedon Pack
- Poland Pack
- Australia Pack
- Khmer & Indonesia Pack
- Nubia Pack
Q: What about the new Rise and Fall expansion?
A: We hope to release the expansion in the future, but cannot confirm anything at this time.
Q: Can I play my friend who is on PC/ Mac while on my iPhone?
A: Not at this time.
If you have any additional questions or comments, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our support team: https://support.aspyr.com/hc/en-us/requests/new