Click the follow button to the right to stay updated on the latest updates to Civilization VI iOS
Crashing after Update released on 12/13
We are aware that some players are crashing after an update that was released on December 13th. Our development team is actively and aggressively trying to isolate the issue, and we need your help to investigate the cause of these crashes!
Here’s how you can help:
- Send in a support ticket with your crash log.
How do you pull a crash log? You will need to connect your iOS device to a computer with iTunes installed. Then follow the steps below.
For Mac, follow these steps to get the crash logs:
- Connect your iOS device to your Mac using your iOS connector cable.
- Sync your device with iTunes.
- Go to the Mac Finder, then choose the "Go" menu's "Go to Folder" option. (The keyboard shortcut is Command-Shift-G.)
- Copy-and-paste this location into the "Go to Folder" field: ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice
- Open the folder corresponding to your device.
For Windows, follow these steps:
- Open any Windows Explorer Window (My Computer, My Documents, etc.)
- Enter %appdata% in the search bar and press enter
- Navigate to Roaming > Apple computer > Logs > CrashReporter > Mobile Device > Device Name. (Note: your device name appears in iTunes on the left side, under ‘Devices’)
- Select any file named 'CRASH' that was created within the last 3 days
We know how frustrating these crashes are, and we are actively working to correct this crash with an update. Currently we do not have a workaround for those experiencing this crash. Please help us by sending in a support ticket so that we can gather as much data as possible. Click the “Follow” button at the top of this page to be notified with the latest updates to this issue.
Recently Fixed issues:
The following issues have been fixed in our latest patch:
- Graphic corruption on iPhone XR models
- Black bars are appearing on either side of the game window
The update was released on 12/13/18. Please ensure you have downloaded the latest version. Hop back in and lead your Civilization to victory!
The Civilization VI Full Game is not unlocking after purchase.
- Restart your device.
- In you device settings, enable in-app purchases.
- Relaunch Civilization VI and select Restore Purchases.
Civilization VI iOS crashes on unsupported devices
Civilization VI is a resource intensive game. As a result, older models of iPhone and iPad may be incompatible. If you’re experiencing crashes, please ensure that your device is supported and running iOS version 11.4.1.
The following devices are supported to play Civilization VI:
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone X
- iPad (2017)
- iPad Air 2
- iPad Pro
- 12" (1st and 2nd Gen)
Still have questions? Please open a support ticket at support.aspyr.com