Q: Is Downloadable Content available for Civilization V?
A: Yes! You can browse and purchase the available downloadable content through Steam.
Your computer must meet ALL of the minimum system requirements below in order to maximize your Civilization V experience. If you run the game on a computer below the system requirements, you will experience severe performance issues and crashing.
- Operating System: SteamOS / Ubuntu 14.04 or newer
- CPU Processor: Intel Core i3, AMD A10
- CPU Speed: 2.4 GHz
- Memory: 4 GB
- Hard Disk Space: 10 GB
- Video Card (ATI): HD 6450
- Video Card (NVIDIA): GeForce 640M
- Video Card (Intel): Iris Pro
- Video Memory (VRam): 1 GB
- Peripherals: Mouse and keyboard
We recommend only playing on the default graphic settings designated at launch.
Q: Which languages can I play in?
A: Civilization V Linux is available in English, French, Italian, German, Spanish.
Q: Can Linux play multiplayer together versus Windows/Mac players?
A: Yes! Linux players can play with Windows and Mac Steam players.
Have a question that isn’t here? Check out our Civilization V Linux: Known Issues