Q: Where can I download Civilization V?
Q: Is Downloadable Content available for Civilization V?
A: Yes! You can browse and purchase the available downloadable content from the In-App Purchase or Downloadable Content menu on the launch screen. If you're on Steam, you can find downloadable content through Steam.
**Steam keys for expansions/add-ons are not compatible with the App Store version**
Q: Is Civilization V a 64-bit app?
A: Yes! The Mac App Store and Steam versions of Civilization V are 64 bit.
Your Mac must meet ALL of the minimum system requirements below in order to maximize your Civilization V experience. If you run the game on a Mac below the system requirements, you will experience severe performance issues and crashing.
- Operating System: OSX 10.11 or newer
- CPU Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo (2 cores)
- CPU Speed: 2.2 GHz
- Memory: 2 GB
- Hard Disk Space: 10 GB
- Video Card (ATI): HD 4670
- Video Card (NVIDIA): GeForce 8800
- Video Card (Intel): HD 4000
- Video Memory (VRam): 256 MB
- Peripherals: Mouse and keyboard
NOTICE: The following video chipsets are unsupported for Sid Meier’s Civilization® V:
- ATI Radeon X1000 series, HD 2400
- NVIDIA GeForce 7000 series, 8600, 9400
- Intel GMA series, HD 3000
We recommend only playing on the default graphic settings designated at launch.
If you aren't sure if you meet the requirements, you can open a ticket with us and attach your 'About this Mac' screen so we can help!
Q: Which languages can I play in?
A: The Steam version is available in: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish.
The Mac App Store version is available in English, French, and German.
Q: Does the Mac App Store version have multiplayer.
A: Yes. Hot Seat and LAN multiplayer options are available for the App Store/Steam versions. Online multiplayer for Mac is only available on the Steam version.
Q: Where can I find my save files?
A: Your save folder is located under the following file paths:
~/Library/Containers/com.aspyr.civ5campaign/Data/Library/Application Support/Civilization V Campaign Edition/Saves
~/Library/Application Support/Sid Meier's Civilization 5/Saves
- Civilization V won't launch/displays graphical corruption
- Civilization V In-App Purchases missing after update
- DLCs are missing from my game
Have a question that isn’t here? Submit a ticket here!