To launch the game in higher resolutions you will need to change the settings in the game’s Option.txt file. Follow the steps below
- In Finder, navigate to:
- App Store version location: ~/Library/Containers/com.aspyr.rct3.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 Platinum/
- Steam version location: ~/Documents/Aspyr/RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 Complete Edition/
- Open the file Options.txt
- Set the value following the word Resolution to the desired resolution. See example below:
- File>Save the Options.txt file
- RollerCoaster Tycoon will now launch at the resolution set in the Options.txt file.
The maximum resolution possible is 4096x4096. Setting the resolution to higher values will default back down to 4096x4096.
If you are unable to find the Library folder in Finder, select Go in the top toolbar and hold the alt/option key to unhide it.
If you do not know your computer’s resolution, you can find it by
- Click the Apple icon in the top toolbar
- Select About this Mac.
- Click Displays to see your computer’s resolution
If you are running into any other issues with RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 for the App Store, please open a ticket with us at support.aspyr.com.