Q: Where can I download Borderlands 2?
A: Borderlands 2 is available on the Mac App Store and Steam.
Q: Is Downloadable Content available for Borderlands 2?
A: Yes! You can browse and purchase the available downloadable content from the In-App Purchase or Downloadable Content menu on the launch screen.
Q: If I purchase on the Mac App Store can I get a Steam Key for free?
A: Since they are separate platforms, we cannot offer complimentary Steam keys to Mac App store owners.
Your Mac must meet ALL of the minimum system requirements below in order to maximize your Borderlands 2 experience. If you run the game on a Mac below the system requirements, you will experience severe performance issues and crashing.
- Operating System: MacOS 10.12.6 or newer
- CPU Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo (2 cores)
- CPU Speed: 2.2 GHz
- Memory: 4 GB
- Hard Disk Space: 13 GB
- Video Card (ATI): HD 2600
- Video Card (NVIDIA): GeForce 8800
- Video Card (Intel): HD 3000
- Video Memory (VRam): 256 MB
- Peripherals: Mouse and keyboard, wired Microsoft Xbox 360 controller, PlayStation 3 Dualshock 3 Wireless controller, PlayStation 4 Dualshock 4 Wireless controller
We recommend only playing on the default graphic settings designated at launch.
Q: Which languages can I play in?
A: The language you can play depends on which platform you purchased the game from.
- (With Voice) English, French, Italian, German, Spanish
- (English Voice Only) Japanese, Korean, Traditional Chinese
- Mac App Store: English
Q: Can Mac and Windows play multiplayer together?
A: Steam users can play online multiplayer together when Mac and Windows versions are in-sync. Currently Mac and Windows are not in-sync and cross-platform multiplayer is disabled.
Q: Does the Mac App Store version have multiplayer.
A: No, online multiplayer for Mac is only available for the Steam version.
Q: Will SHiFT codes work on the Mac App version of Borderlands 2?
A: SHiFT codes are not compatible with the Mac App version of Borderlands 2.
Q: Where can I find my save files?
A: You can find your save files under the following file paths:
~/Library/Application Support/Borderlands 2/WillowGame/SaveData
~/Library/Containers/com.aspyr.borderlands2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Borderlands 2/WillowGame/SaveData
Have a question that isn’t here? Check out our Borderlands 2 Mac: Known Issues