Have a Borderlands 2 general question? Below is information on purchasing Borderlands 2 and its DLCs, minimum requirements for whether your computer can run the game, and info on multiplayer, saves location, and known issues.
Q: Where can I download Borderlands 2 for Mac?
Q: Is Downloadable Content available for Borderlands 2?
A: Yes! For the Mac App Store, you can browse and purchase the available downloadable content from the In-App Purchase or Downloadable Content menu on the launch screen. On Steam you can purchase DLCs through the Steam store page.
Your Mac must meet ALL of the minimum system requirements below in order to maximize your Borderlands 2 experience. If you run the game on a Mac below the system requirements, you will experience severe performance issues and crashing.
- Operating System: MacOS 10.12.6 or newer
- CPU Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo (2 cores)
- CPU Speed: 2.2 GHz
- Memory: 4 GB
- Hard Disk Space: 13 GB
- Video Card (ATI): HD 2600
- Video Card (NVIDIA): GeForce 8800
- Video Card (Intel): HD 3000
- Video Memory (VRam): 256 MB
- Peripherals: Mouse and keyboard, wired Microsoft Xbox 360 controller, PlayStation 3 Dualshock 3 Wireless controller, PlayStation 4 Dualshock 4 Wireless controller
We recommend only playing on the default graphic settings designated at launch.
Q: Which languages can I play in?
A: The language you can play depends on which platform you purchased the game from.
- (With Voice) English, French, Italian, German, Spanish
- (English Voice Only) Japanese, Korean, Traditional Chinese
- Mac App Store: English
Q: Can Mac and Windows play multiplayer together?
A: Steam users can play online multiplayer together when Mac and Windows versions are in-sync. Currently Mac and Windows are not in-sync and cross-platform multiplayer is disabled.
Q: Does the Mac App Store version have multiplayer.
A: No, online multiplayer for Mac is only available for the Steam version.
Q: Will SHiFT codes work on the Mac App version of Borderlands 2?
A: SHiFT codes are not compatible with the Mac App version of Borderlands 2.
Q: Where can I find my save files?
A: You can find your save files under the following file paths:
~/Library/Application Support/Borderlands 2/WillowGame/SaveData
~/Library/Containers/com.aspyr.borderlands2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Borderlands 2/WillowGame/SaveData
- Downloadable Content or In-App Purchases aren’t showing up within the game
The DLCs below display as "Not Downloaded" in the Downloadable Content menu, but are still available in-game. Check out the Borderlands Wiki for info on accessing those DLCs in-game:
- Creature Slaughterdome
- Creature Dome
- Premiere Club
- Collectors Edition
- Collectors Edition OSX
Have a question that isn’t here? Check out our Borderlands 2 Mac: Known Issues