At this time, we can confirm that there are no further updates planned for Borderlands 2 on Linux and Mac. We will continue to provide customer service support to players via support.aspyr.com.
Q: Is Downloadable Content available for Borderlands 2?
A: Yes! You can browse and purchase the available downloadable content from the Downloadable Content menu on the launch screen or from the Steam store page.
Your computer must meet ALL of the minimum system requirements below in order to maximize your Borderlands 2 experience. If you run the game on a computer below the system requirements, you will experience severe performance issues and crashing.
- Operating System: SteamOS / Ubuntu 14.04 or newer
- CPU Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad, AMD Phenom II X4
- CPU Speed: 2.4 GHz
- Memory: 4 GB
- Hard Disk Space: 13 GB
- Video Card (NVIDIA): GeForce 260
- Video Memory (VRam): 1 GB
- Peripherals: Mouse and keyboard, wired Microsoft Xbox 360 controller, PlayStation 3 Dualshock 3 Wireless controller
- NOTICE: ATI/AMD and Intel video chipsets are NOT supported.
We recommend only playing on the default graphic settings designated at launch.
Q: Which languages can I play in?
A: Borderlands 2 Linux is available in English, French, Italian, German, Spanish.
Q: Can Linux play multiplayer together versus Windows/Mac players?
A: Linux players can play with Windows and Mac Steam players when versions are in sync. Currently the Linux and Windows versions are not in-sync and cross-platform multiplayer is disabled.
Q: Where are my save files?
A: You can find your saves under the following file path:
- Downloadable Content or In-App Purchases aren’t showing up within the game
The DLCs below display as "Not Downloaded" in the Downloadable Content menu, but are still available in-game. Check out the Borderlands Wiki for info on accessing those DLCs in-game:
- Creature Slaughterdome
- Creature Dome
- Premiere Club
- Collectors Edition
- Collectors Edition OSX
Have a question that isn’t here? Check out our Borderlands 2 Mac/Linux: Known Issues