Notice: The latest update on the Windows version of Borderlands 2 has disabled cross-play between Windows, Mac, and Linux.
We are working on an update to bring Borderlands 2 back in sync, but we do not currently have an ETA for release. We encourage players to join our #Borderlands Discord Channel to coordinate co-op matches with Mac and Linux players, as we work towards delivering the update to re-enable cross-platform play with Windows players.
Q: Is Downloadable Content available for Borderlands 2?
A: Yes! You can browse and purchase the available downloadable content from the Downloadable Content menu on the launch screen.
Your computer must meet ALL of the minimum system requirements below in order to maximize your Borderlands 2 experience. If you run the game on a computer below the system requirements, you will experience severe performance issues and crashing.
- Operating System: SteamOS / Ubuntu 14.04 or newer
- CPU Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad, AMD Phenom II X4
- CPU Speed: 2.4 GHz
- Memory: 4 GB
- Hard Disk Space: 13 GB
- Video Card (NVIDIA): GeForce 260
- Video Memory (VRam): 1 GB
- Peripherals: Mouse and keyboard, wired Microsoft Xbox 360 controller, PlayStation 3 Dualshock 3 Wireless controller
- NOTICE: ATI/AMD and Intel video chipsets are NOT supported.
We recommend only playing on the default graphic settings designated at launch.
Q: Which languages can I play in?
A: Borderlands 2 Linux is available in English, French, Italian, German, Spanish.
Q: Can Linux play multiplayer together versus Windows/Mac players?
A: Yes! Linux players can play with Windows and Mac Steam players.
Have a question that isn’t here? Check out our Borderlands 2 Linux: Known Issues