Q: Where can I purchase Civilization VI on Mac?
A: Civilization VI is available on the Mac App Store and Steam.
Q: Is Downloadable Content available for Civilization VI?
A: Yes! You can browse and purchase the available downloadable content from the In-App Purchase or Downloadable Content menu on the launch screen.
Your Mac must meet ALL of the minimum system requirements below in order to maximize your Civilization VI experience. If you run the game on a Mac below the system requirements, you will experience severe performance issues and crashing.
- Operating System: OSX 10.11.6 (El Capitan) or newer
- CPU Processor: Intel Core i5 (4 cores)
- CPU Speed: 2.7 GHz
- Memory: 6 GB
- Hard Disk Space: 15 GB
- Video Card (ATI): Radeon HD 6970
- Video Card (NVIDIA): GeForce 775M
- Video Card (Intel): Iris Pro
- Video Memory (VRam): 1 GB
- Peripherals: Macintosh mouse and keyboard, Steam Controller (optional)
NOTICE: The following 1GB VRAM video cards are NOT supported to run Civilization VI:
- NVIDIA®: GeForce® 650M, 675MX, 680MX, 750M, 755M
- ATI™ Radeon™: HD 5750, HD 5770, HD 5870, HD 6750, HD 6770
- Intel® :HD Graphics 4000, 5000, 5300, 6000, IRIS, 515
We recommend only playing on the default graphic settings designated at launch.
Q: Does Civ VI Mac support Metal?
A: Civilization VI Mac does support Metal.
Q: Which languages can I play in?
A: You’ll be able to play the game in: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, and Traditional Chinese.
Portuguese (Brazil) is supported only for interface and subtitles.
Q: Does the Mac App Store version have multiplayer.
A: Yes. Hot Seat and LAN multiplayer options are available. Online multiplayer for Mac is only available on the Steam version.
Q: Can Mac and Windows play multiplayer together?
A: Steam users can play online multiplayer together.
Have a question that isn’t here? Check out our Civilization VI Mac: Known Issues