This article will help you locate your Saves, Hall of Fame data, and/or World Builder maps if you are unable to find them after the update on August 29th for the Mac Steam version of Civilization VI.
The file path for the Civilization VI files changed after the recent update, and previous saves were moved to a new location within the original Sid Meier's Civilization VI folder.
If this has happened to you, your saves are still available, but they need to be moved to the new folder before you can load them in your game.
Here is the new file path for your Saves, Hall of Fame, and World Builder:
~/Library/Application Support/Sid Meier's Civilization VI/Sid Meier's Civilization VI
To move your saves, use Finder to navigate to your Sid Meier's Civilization VI folder:
- Open Finder
- Select "Go" from the menu bar at the top of the screen
- Select "Go to Folder..."
- Paste the following file path into the drop-down text box:
- ~/Library/Application Support/Sid Meier's Civilization VI
- Select "Go"
- You should see a Saves folder and an additional Sid Meier's Civilization VI folder.
(See screenshot below for Step 6)
- Optional: copy and paste this Saves folder to your desktop, to make a back-up
- Drag your Saves folder and HallofFame.sqlite into the second Sid Meier's Civilization VI folder
(See screenshot below for Step 7)
- If prompted to replace files or skip them, select Apply to All, then select Replace
After following these steps, launch your game, and you should be able to load your old saves!
If your saves are not in the location mentioned above, or if you encounter any issues moving your saves to the new location, please submit a ticket to us and we will provide further assistance.