Your System Profile/DxDiag is a detailed view of your hardware's specs and configuration, for Mac and Windows respectively. For Linux devices, we can also get detailed info through Steam's System Information option.
Having the information from these files helps us see any hardware incompatibilities between your device and our games, and is usually important for diagnosing bugs in our games.
Below is how to get this information on Mac, Windows, and Linux:
System Profile (Mac)
- Click on the Apple icon on the top left of your screen
- Select “About this Mac”
- Click on “System Report”
- When the System Information displays, click File > Save from menu bar at the top of the screen.
- Save to Desktop
- Open the Start Menu and search for "dxdiag"
- Select DxDiag (icon with blue circle and a yellow "x")
- When the Diagnostic Tool opens, wait for the progress bar to complete in the bottom left corner
- Click "Save All Information..." and save to Desktop
- Attach the DxDiag.txt file when updating your support request
Steam System Information (Linux)
- Launch Steam and select HELP from the top of the screen
- Select System Information
- Copy that info to your clipboard and either save to a .txt document or send directly to us in your ticket