We've received user reports that occasionally DLCs have trouble downloading or won't install, and either display the message "Download Pending" or are stuck on 0%.
Below are some troubleshooting steps to help get your DLCs and Expansions to download and install:
- Check your Storage
- If your DLCs aren't downloading, first double-check that you have enough storage space on your device to install them. For just the base game, you'll need at least 8 GBs free to install, and for the base game along with all DLCs and Expansions, you'll need at least 18 GBs free on your device.
- In the menu "Get More Content" menu, there's a Restore Purchases button at the bottom left, beneath the list of In-App Purchases available. Selecting that button causes your game to recheck and retry to download and missing purchases.
- Important: Make sure to stay in the In-App Purchases menu while the download is processing! The download will not continue in the background, and will also pause while your phone is in sleep mode.
- Sign out of your App Store account, then sign back in. Retry the Restore Purchases step.
- If that doesn't work, try signing out of both your App Store account as well as your iCloud account, restart your device, sign back into both accounts, then retry the Restore Purchases step again.
- Sometimes multiple tries of this step can help, so if your initial try does not work, you may want to retry these sign-out steps a few more times.
- Delete the app, reinstall it from the App Store, then try restoring your purchases again. You may also want to do this between sign-outs, i.e. sign out of iCloud and the App Store > Uninstall Civilization VI > Restart your device > Sign back into iCloud > Reinstall the game > Restore your purchases.
If you're still encountering issues,open up a ticket with us, and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.